Re: [MiNT] XaAES Language-selection

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 06:43 +0100, Ekkehard Flessa wrote:

> Not so much. Gerhard has mentioned Resource Master (RSM) already. It's got the
> capability to create and edit multi-language resource files. It's not only the

If I understand it correctly the ResourceMaster is the only program that
can read these multi-language resource files. It can then save
individual resource-files for each language. The user would then have to
manually select which resource file to use, or the application in
question must specifically support multiple languages.

Helmut's solution offers automatic language selection even for older
apps which doesn't support this.

> menu titles, where a word-by-word translation might work. It's also alerts and
> config dialogs with longer texts, where a word-by-word translation will produce
> funny results at best.

The same applies to Helmut's solution.

Jo Even