Re: [MiNT] [ANNOUNCE] FreeMiNT 1.17.0 Released !

On Thu, 2011-01-06 at 20:25 +0100, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> >> is

> >> Did it (same VDI)?
> >
> > Yeap, same VDI ( NVDI 5.03 ), didn't change anything, and it worked fine
> > few hours ago under 1.16.3 :)
>
> No clue :-(

There are several things to check.

1. Does the same font look ok in the same size correct in other
applications?
2. Do you run NVDI before or after MiNT in the auto-folder? Try swapping
running order. I've always had best success with NVDI before MiNT.
3. Have you tested 1.17 kernels before, or have you jumped directly from
1.16.3 to this kernel? There's a huge amount of changes between these
versions...

The font is rendered by the VDI. The only way the kernel or AES can be
responsible for this problem is either by corrupting the font file when
except mint.prg, xaaes and the actual desktop and see if the problem is
still there. Then enable your stuff again, one by one until the problem
appears again.

Jo Even

Jo Even