Re: [MiNT] Newsie

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:40:19 , "m0n0" <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

> Am Do, 11.11.2010, 20:30 schrieb Miro Kropacek:
>
> >> gcc throws up loads of warnings and errors in the code, it's amazing.
> >>
> > That means the code is most probably very badly written.
>
> Maybe many of the errors disappear after inluding the Gemlib headers (and
> changing Constant names to the ones that gemlib uses).
>
> If I remeber correctly, gemlib uses some short prefixes for flags like
> TOUCHEXIT, like OS_TOUCHEXIT (just an example, probably not really the
> correct Name...).
>
> But there was a way to use the old Identifiers with the Gemlib,... I guess
> you had to do something like that:
>
> #define USE_OLD_NAMES
> #include <gemlib.h>
>
> Just look into gemlib.h and see how it is done there.

Nice one I found it:

#ifdef __GEMLIB_OLDNAMES

/* object flags */
#define NONE                    0x0000  /**< TODO */
#define SELECTABLE              0x0001  /**< TODO */
#define DEFAULT                 0x0002  /**< TODO */
#define EXIT                    0x0004  /**< TODO */
#define EDITABLE                0x0008  /**< TODO */

so I added

#define __GEMLIB_OLDNAMES
#include <gem.h>

and that has cleared those errors.

This might be a long exercise but I will learn a lot I hope.

Thanks,

Peter