Re: [MiNT] WIkI- GEM=ROM

Am Montag, den 13.09.2010, 19:01 +0200 schrieb Konrad Kokoszkiewicz
<draco@ibi.uw.edu.pl>:
>>> http://www.ibi.uw.edu.pl/~draco/atari/pd.tar.gz
>>
>> I installed your prog copied pd.prg to PDBUG.PRG in the same dir and it does
>> nothing.
>
> I guess that it does something, tho. It just does not solve the
> problem. Nevermind then.

If you really want to patch PureDebug this DOC maybe helps:
http://nic-nac-project.org/~monokrom/monochrom.net/atari/docs/pd_patch.txt

that's a document about patching PD to work with STING.

But mainly I'm posting because of the topic.
 "No keyboard with GEM=ROM"

The WIKI user-manual ( http://wiki.sparemint.org/index.php/Mint.cnf )
says:

"If the MiNT is supposed to execute GEM, you should specify the full
path and filename. You can also request MiNT to execute the TOS AES
residing in ROM. WARNING: this is not recommended, you should use a GEM
version instead, that is multitasking friendly. If your init program is
not GEM, you should use INIT "

Does this warning also apply to Systems where MultiTOS is loaded - or
maybe machines where MultiTOS is burned into ROM?  In the end I'm
curious if FreeMint could be part of the ROM...