Re: [MiNT] WIkI- GEM=ROM

"If the MiNT is supposed to execute GEM, you should specify the full
path and filename. You can also request MiNT to execute the TOS AES
residing in ROM. WARNING: this is not recommended, you should use a GEM
version instead, that is multitasking friendly. If your init program is
not GEM, you should use INIT "

Does this warning also apply to Systems where MultiTOS is loaded - or
maybe machines where MultiTOS is burned into ROM?

The statement above applies to the single-tasking GEM shipped in the ROM of ST/TT/Falcon computers. It doesn't have anything to do with MultiTOS, because MultiTOS = MiNT + a multitasking AES (specifically, AES 4.0 and 4.1). A "multitasking AES" is by definition also multitasking friendly, so I don't see how the warning could apply.

I don't think either that there are machines where a multitasking AES is burned in ROM.

In the end I'm curious if FreeMint could be part of the ROM...

As far as I remember the code, it cannot.

Pozdrawiam
KMK