Re: [MiNT] 1.17 release

On 13 September 2010 15:00, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> From: "Alan Hourihane" <alanh@fairlite.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [MiNT] 1.17 release
>
>>> Mmh... 1.17 trunk is pretty unusable on my Falcon CT60, and probably
>>> other's. XaAES crashes 2 times during the boot process, the screen is
>>> unreadable, and I have all kind of redraw errors when I finally get to
>>> the desktop. Not to mention that I can't use the 060 XaAES module,
>>> because it's even worse than with the 000 module.

>> Helmut ?
>
> I'm not Helmut, but... IIRC these problems has been reported by two people,
> both using CTPCI and graphics cards on their CT60.

No graphics card for me. Plain old Videl + NVDI.

> The problems with redraws
> etc could very well be related to an immature driver and/or VDI in FireTOS.
> Does these problems occur when using the VIDEL and not the grapics cards?

See above.

> Also, I have no problems with the 060-build on my Milan060. What errors
> occurs with the 060-build that doesn't on the 000?

XaAES does not run at all. The system stops during the boot and I
can't read why since the screen is unreadable.

If I have some time tonight I'll try the current trunk and see if I
can make it work better by disabling some stuff or other. Then I'll
report back.

Cheers,
JFL
--