Re: [MiNT] 1.17 release

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 9:00 PM, m0n0 <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 13.09.2010, 20:24 +0200 schrieb Kåre Andersen
> <kareandersen@gmail.com>:
>
>> JFL just reported it currently does not work on Videl (that's
>> standard  Falcon video, not CTPCI). If this is reproducable across the
>> board,  why would you want to release now?
>>
>> I'll do some testing later tonight, and I implore all Falcon users
>> reading this to do the same.
>
> ...without NVDI xaaes just shows me an black screen, seems like a
> hang.... but that was already in th previous release...

So, I'm testing current trunk build.

It works way better than expected here! Without NVDI I get corrupted
icons (Thing), but it does at least start up.

With NVDI it works! :) I'm trying hard to reproduce a crash with the
fileselector I got about half an hour ago, but still nothing ;)
So ok, there is probably no need to panic just yet... Shutdown works
fine too (Ctrl+Alt+Del works,  Halt from the Task Manager works).

Important hint for those who struggle: Make sure you are running
everything out of the /mint/1-17-0 folder, not the /mint/1-17-cur...
Remember, xaloader lives there, so for Great Justice, make sure you
are loading the correct xaaes for your kernel...

-Kåre