Re: [MiNT] 1.17 release

On 09/13/2010 09:00 PM, m0n0 wrote:

>> I'll do some testing later tonight, and I implore all Falcon users
>> reading this to do the same.
>
> ...without NVDI xaaes just shows me an black screen, seems like a
> hang.... but that was already in th previous release...

Is this on a CT60? I thought the CT60 needed fVDI to work, due to the
TOS VDI depending on the blitter which can't access fastRAM.

I just tried to boot XaAES without NVDI on my Milan060. It starts, but
any program launched by XaAES - including the desktop - crashes with a
memory violation.

Shutdown/reboot works without problems (using Task Manager).
There are no crashes or problem with text output during boot.
I don't have any redraw errors (MVDI+NVDI 3, 16 bit, gradients on).

I suggest that those who experience such problems report them in the
bugtracker as well as on the list. It's too easy to miss and/or forget
stuff that has been said on the list, especially with all the activity
the last few weeks. Also, provide *detailed* information about your
syste - hardware, kernel/XaAES-info, what's in the auto-folder and in
what order is it started, what accs are running etc. This makes it much
easier to reproduce the problems.

Jo Even