[MiNT] Some MiNT software

Hello.

I have cross-compiled some classic GNU/Linux software for MiNT (only 68000 CPU). Everything is available here:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/mint/
The binaries are named *-bin-mint-*.tar.bz2 and are ready to be unpacked and used on a standard MiNT system. Beware, there is no uninstall feature.

I don't want to make a new distribution, I simply wanted to see the things on my own. And it works very well ! I had to make very little patching to compile most packages. This is due to the excellent UNIX-like compatibility provided by the FreeMiNT kernel and the MiNTLib.

For each package, I have included the sources, the patch (if necessary), the build script (for cross-compiling) and the binary package. As the official source packages are not always as clean as expected, my build scripts contain some valuable tricks to allow cross-compilation for MiNT. It will be possible to confront my build scripts and patches with the ones shipped with SpareMiNT and Gentoo packages, to determine the best settings as a standard choice for the MiNT platform.

For my personal usage, I have made a minimal FreeMiNT distribution using ARAnyM, the latest daily build of the FreeMiNT kernel, and those packages. It works only on the full-screen BIOS console (no GEM), but it is enough to test textmode software.

For me, the biggest interest of that stuff is having been able to recompile everything, using the latest sources and compiler. So it will be possible to recompile everything again for ColdFire, simply by changing the CPU option in the build scripts. It will be possible to run that software on ColdFire machines as soon as FreeMiNT will be fully patched for ColdFire.

More than the classic command-line tools, I have compiled some less common packages, useful for Atari people:
- The packers: ncompress, gzip, bzip2, xz
- The archivers: tar, arc, lha, zip, arj, zoo
- tofrodos: dos2unix, unix2dos
- util-linux-ng: more, cal, whereis...
- ctris: a textmode Tetris ! Works well on TosWin and Conholio

I will not support those packages, but if they can be useful for someone, for testing or making RPMs, enjoy :-)

--
Vincent Rivière