[MiNT] XaAES: menus in windows - window handle?

Another question related to menu bars in windows,

Is there any way to find out the window handle associated with a menu event? In my project, multiple windows share the same resource tree for the menu, but the menu actions should only operate on a particular window. The event message doesn't tell which window handle it was, and I can't assume it's the top window because it's possible to access window menu bars in the background as well.

The only cure I can come up with would be to generate a separate menu resource tree for each window, and somehow that feels like a bloody mess.

Any ideas?

-- PeP