Re: [MiNT] XaAES Gradients

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:35 AM, Helmut Karlowski
<helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 05.08.2010, 19:06 Uhr, schrieb Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com>:
>

>> they are not patches. But they do allow you to easily change (and
>> create?) the gradients in WIN_DRAW.C & RENDER_OBJ.C with a simple cut
>> and paste.
>
> You mean: Just add them to the cvs?

yes

>> ATM about the only current gradient sets missing are G_BLACK.C &
>> G_WHITE.C (G_GRADIENT.C is the default grey/silver one by Ozk), and
>
> I have no *grad*.c-file.

I added the zip again. G_GRADIENT.C is what is currently in XaAES, as
provided by Ozk

>> I also propose a change to the default gradients for this release
>> dedicated to Frank, I think the G_YELLOW.C would produce the best
>> result.
>
> I do not understand anything on this topic.

To change the default look of XaAES slightly, that also reflect the
1.17.x release AND the fact it is dedicated to Frank (besides your
text, and the suggested codename). The Yellow gradient set is only
subtly different, except for the gold/yelow-ish window title bar, but
it would be distinguishable from previous versions simply by a screen
shot

> I think it's better to do this when there's more time.

You can cut and paste from G_YELLOW.C (or other) into the WIN_DRAW.C,
and RENDER_OBJ.C, its very simple, as the changes are only in the
values, not structure, or even changing of gradient method (which is
also possible)

Paul