[MiNT] readline 6.0 (in bash 4.1)

Alan Hourihane wrote:
Remember that bash 3.2 didn't have this problem, so it'd be worth
investigating what changed.

A new asynchronous signal handling has been introduced in readline 6.0.
Especially, there is a new variable named _rl_interrupt_immediately which indicates if the signal must be handled immediately or asynchronously.

I have tried the following change in lib/readline/signals.c:

static RETSIGTYPE
rl_signal_handler (sig)
     int sig;
{
  if (1/*_rl_interrupt_immediately || RL_ISSTATE(RL_STATE_CALLBACK)*/)
    {

The behaviour seems to be OK now, but I'm absolutely not sure it is correct.

Some ideas for further investigation here:
http://osdir.com/ml/bug-readline-gnu/2009-11/msg00001.html
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.readline/43
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg708760.html

--