Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.59.1 for your testing pleasure....

On 6/9/10 12:13 PM, Keith Scroggins wrote:
I have a great number of older sources with which to learn
Atari/MiNTLib patch process, ones that are within the time frame of
the current easymint distribution. Most of those sources are changed
considerable with current versions, so I would be loathed to add 4.5.0
compatibility to those older sources as well (I am talking about
100-200 source packages).

I would be surprised if all of those packages would fail to build in GCC4. Others can speak to this more than I can, but there is not a huge compatibility gap, unless there is assembly in the code.

Keith
I've already rebuilt the majority of sparemint with gcc 4.4.3. There is almost no incompatibilities. In fact normal ports almost always compile well while mint specific packages are the ones that fail.

Thanks,
Mark