Re: [MiNT] Keyboard handler

Am 23.04.2010, 19:57 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

Anyway, Helmut has said he had fixed it, if I understood correctly. So let's wait for the patch.

That only applies to the Texel/Insert-bug/feature, which is easily fixed by removing INSERT from the list of modifiers. The stuck-key problem that people experience when using an Eiffel is yet to be fixed.

Correct.

Here's what I've found so far (on aranym):

Key pressed: -> scancode to ikbd_scan

Key released -> same scancode with MSB set to ikbd_scan

When I quit XaAES and hold a key while it quits, the release of this key is never submitted to ikbd_scan, no matter what key it is.

So I get the same endless repeat as the Eiffel-users. But it stops when I press a key.

The interrupt-routine in acia.S is not called until a new key is pressed, so the error seems to come from the ikbd-chip directly. As this is not present in aranym, I assume it is reset or similar by something.

By what or whom can this happen? v_clswk?

I've found nothing MiNT itself.

I got no knowledge of the ikbd, so this is not easy atm.

--
Helmut Karlowski