Re: [MiNT] MiNT questions

Helmut Karlowski wrote:

>> 1- if I scroll with the mouse wheel, it sometimes enter an endless
>>    scrolling and nothing can stop it but a restart,
>
> This may also be due to the keyboard-handler.
>
>> 2- sometimes, when I type, if I press the shift key to type some
>>    caracters uppercase, then I release the shift key and the text
>>    I type then is uppercase too. I found the only way to return
>>    to lowercase state is pressing both shift keys together.
>
> Funny thing is: I get this on aranym sometimes too: Alt goes away by Alt
> - Shift sometimes, and the key-repeat never, but the latter is something
> else I assume.
>
> The locked Alt happens when I quit XaAES with Alt-Q and don't release
> the Alt-key fast enough, i.e. when Alt is pressed while the shell that
> started XaAES gets control.

I have no keyboard problems on my Milan. I do suffer from the occasional
stuck Alt or Control, but only with my homemade Atari->PS/2-adapter so I
won't blame MiNT ;-) On the Milan, TOS-routines are used for the actual
interaction with the hardware. To me, this suggests that the problem
most likely is related to the IKBD-handler in the kernel.

Jo Even