Re: [MiNT] MiNT questions

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:18:56 , Lars Schmidbauer <latzmaster@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > [... boot log and display]

> Did you set option "boot.log" in ct60conf.cpx/boot/ to "with"?
> In this case, auto folder boot messages are written to C:\boot.log and
> "Hold down the SHIFT key to enter menu or wait 6 s." is not displayed.

But it used to, some months ago, before it stopped writing to the log.
I'm wondering if it couldn't be a matter of cpx version not being
correctly copied...

> You wrote that you run MinT 1.17. with Eiffel. I have a strange problem
> here with that config (everything is fine with 1.16.3):
> After some writing, the last pressed key is repeated infinetly and can't
> be stopped OR the keyboard don't work anymore (no key accepted).
> Mouse works ok.

Did you try with Helmut's release of XaAES ? It helped much here.
I'm going to search for our mails and see what he fixed.
However, I recently discovered 2 more issues, then my disk crashed
and I couldn't use my FalCT60 till now, so I didn't bother :
1- if I scroll with the mouse wheel, it sometimes enter an endless
   scrolling and nothing can stop it but a restart,
2- sometimes, when I type, if I press the shift key to type some
   caracters uppercase, then I release the shift key and the text
   I type then is uppercase too. I found the only way to return
   to lowercase state is pressing both shift keys together.
That apart, all works fine.

J.-Luc