Re: [MiNT] Patch for xaloader.prg

From: "Peter Persson" <pep.fishmoose@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 12:20 PM
To: "Jo Even Skarstein" <joska@online.no>
Cc: "mint_list" <mint@fishpool.com>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] Patch for xaloader.prg

The mintloader isn't intended to replace the bootloader, nor did I intend for it to be used with one. Its sole purpose is to load the right kernel binary, so that people can switch CPUs (in the case of CT60)

In this case your tool looks like a good solution.

or use the same harddrive on multiple systems (I sometimes do this too).

...but it might be too focused to work as a general tool for this. If you use the same harddrive on multiple systems, there are more to consider than choosing the correct kernel. What about hardware drivers, keyboard layout and network settings?

Jo Even