Re: [MiNT] Patch for xaloader.prg

On 2 mar 2010, at 15.55, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> ...but it might be too focused to work as a general tool for this. If you use the same harddrive on multiple systems, there are more to consider than choosing the correct kernel. What about hardware drivers, keyboard layout and network settings?

Like I said this is a replacement for a somewhat retarded procedure involving renaming and copying binaries. At this point that's all I'm interested int.

Someone mentioned that it could be a good idea to separate the initialisation stuff from the kernel. Right now we have a nice boot menu thingy where it's possible to set some options. I think this could be a good starting place for the kind of functionality you describe (for example, it shouldn't be too hard to make it possible to select different mint.cnfs)

-- PeP