Re: [MiNT] Gentoo FreeMiNT

On 2/3/10 4:39 AM, p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk wrote:
---- Original Message ----
From: Rob Mahlert<rmahlert@charter.net>
Sent: Tue, Feb 2, 2010, 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [MiNT] Gentoo FreeMiNT

p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk wrote:
The Sparemint website is looking a bit stale with no package
updates in years and years.

Peter

Anyone with CVS write access can update the main site.

I'd look at adding new rpm's if I knew the submission was tested and
agreed it was working. I think a few ok's from people on the list would
work.

RobM
But no-one has.
It's already agreed that gcc 4.4.2 is working fine, but we need to finish our process. More than likely we're going to duplicate the current sparemint site and leave it as it sits that way anybody who is offended by any ideology changes in some of the packages (and there is some) will not be offended and will have their own upgrade path. We're not sure of much more than that yet. My progress is here http://storage.atari-source.org:8000/atari/sparemint_rebuild/ but again, don't put these packages up yet.... I want to finish the whole repository and my autobuilder first.

Thanks,
Mark