Re: [MiNT] Daily freemint kernel builds

Helmut Karlowski wrote:

>> Scancodes with the upper bit set are break-codes. These should not be
>> visible to applications. Sounds like a bug in XaAES or the kernel to me.
>
> I happens in aranym, with or without XaAES running. Sometimes it goes
> away, most times only reboot helps. Like CapsLock for Control.

This sounds strangely familiar. On my Milan I have a problem with
"stuck" keys, as if no break-code was received. Since the Milan doesn't
handle key repeat itself (this is done by the keyboard), I don't get
constantly repeated keys. But when this happens to a modifier, then the
modifier is "stuck" until I press it again.

I am using a self-made Atari->PS/2 keyboard adapter though, so most
likely this is a problem with my adapter.

>>> I get a bus-error with my and afros-XaAES when I click on Start in
>>> taskbar 4.12. Cannot fix it.
>>
>> Please send me your Index.grp so I can have a look at it. Taskbar 4.12
>> works fine with your XaAES on my Milan.
>
> INFO "Taskbar start-menu" 3000 1000 2000 4000 1 1

An empty group-file, perhaps it doesn't handle this correctly. I can't
remember if I've ever tested this. Try one of these:

1) Add this line immediately after the INFO-line:
OFIL "Testing" c:\nothing.prg ""

2) or just delete the group-file.

>>> Not easy without the interface.
>>
>> If this problem only occurs with Eiffels, then I don't see the point in
>> fixing it in MiNT.
>
> XaAES has some extra code for eiffel. But I don't understand it.

Isn't that just support for the Eiffel scrollwheel extension?

Jo Even