Re: [MiNT] Daily freemint kernel builds

Helmut Karlowski wrote:

>> -The "infinite key-repeat" bug (Eiffel) is still there, sometimes the
>>  keyboard simply stops working (no key is accepted).
>
> Can you describe this further? Is there a key-repeat, wrong characters
> or no key at all?

Does this happen with a real Atari keyboard connected?

> I don't have the eiffel-hardware, so I can't reproduce it. I only see
> sometimes that upper bit is set in typed characters in aranym, maybe
> that's related.

Scancodes with the upper bit set are break-codes. These should not be
visible to applications. Sounds like a bug in XaAES or the kernel to me.
I have problems with some missing break-codes on my Milan, I've always
thought it was a problem with my keyboard interface but with some luck I
can put the blame elsewhere ;-)

>> -Taskbar: The topmost submenu ("folders") is opened directly when
>> clicking
>>  on start button.
>
> I get a bus-error with my and afros-XaAES when I click on Start in
> taskbar 4.12. Cannot fix it.

Please send me your Index.grp so I can have a look at it. Taskbar 4.12
works fine with your XaAES on my Milan.

The start-menu in Taskbar is a plain menu_popup() with submenus. Lars:
If you have any other program with cascading popups, please try one and
see if you can reproduce this problem.

>> I really hope that you can fix this eiffel-bug.
>
> Not easy without the interface.

If this problem only occurs with Eiffels, then I don't see the point in
fixing it in MiNT.

Jo Even