Re: [MiNT] FVDI/XBIOS (was Re: XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3)

Lonny Pursell wrote:
on 12/10/09 1:08 PM, Patrice Mandin wrote:

As a general rule, don't use Xbios functions if you want to draw stuff
using VDI, and don't assume the VDI will give you the same
framebuffer/output device as the one the Xbios function gives you.

Is there a way to get the screen address from the VDI without resorting to
an NVDI call, some way that is compatible with the old VDI in tos rom?

I was wondering this too for the obvious application vnc server. You could take it one step further and create a network vdi that can do remote display ;) I've been thinking about all of this but I'm so busy with work (which is not really what I expected for this winter). How do screen capture apps work?

Thanks,
Mark