Re: [MiNT] Missing clobbered register in gemlib

Hi,

On Sunday 20 December 2009, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> About debuggers, I was really comfortable on ST, with Devpac 2's MonST
> for normal programs, and amonst.prg the resident version for other
> programs.
>
> But MonST2 does not work on ARAnyM.

What exactly doesn't work under Aranym?

I just tried MonST2 quickly under latest Hatari and it seems to work fine
(I didn't try any real debugging, last time I've used monst2 was well over
ten years ago, but I've still got the manual :-)).

> I use GDB on ARAnyM, but only for
> normal programs. I don't know how to debug the AES.
> I remember that Hatari might have some debugging facilities, but I never
> tried those.

See:
http://hg.berlios.de/repos/hatari/raw-file/tip/doc/manual.html#The debugger

Supports tracing DSP & CPU instruction flow, setting conditional breakpoints
on CPU & DSP & memory states etc.

It doesn't support showing symbols for the (CPU) code, but if somebody
provides documentation on the Atari binary debug data format, some kind of
a support for it might be considered.  But best would probably be using
native Atari debugger when one needs to track program execution with symbols
and Hatari debugger for debugging tricky interactions between the program
and TOS, CPU and DSP etc.

In general, if you need some specific support in Hatari debugger and
it's not too hard to implement, you could try asking for it... :-)

	- Eero