Re: [MiNT] tos.hyp

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Gerhard Stoll <gerhard_stoll@gmx.de> wrote:
> Paul Wratt wrote:
>
>> With these things, TOSHYP is very up to date, but it still has known
>> "wrong things", simply because they follow the official documentation,
>
> That ist not true. It follow all documents which are found. And based also
> on the experience from many people.
>
> That there are errors or something missing is normally. But if someone give
> the information it will be chanced. BTW: the sourcecode is in the FreeMiNT
> CVS.
>
> Gerhard

Yes, I will have to make time at some point to go through VDI/AES
stuff, soon maybe, I want tome test tools and version validation tools
first.

The "wrong" part is one specifc call regarding getting rez info, and I
can't clarify that any better until I find that recent blog by the guy
who used to deliver the Atari developer docs. But he did say, on this
specific issue, TOShyp was wrong. It was also noted that historically
this same call had incorrectly be used by original 3rd party hardware
developers also

I will try and find this november blog.

I gather you are the current maintainer for TOShyp, if so, thanks for
the volume of information available, as I understand Compendium to be
a wee bit flawed (according to others comments). Please do think that
I blame you if there are corrections needed in TOShyp. It is honestly
the only full developers documentation easily found on the net, and
modern dev work would be an uphill battle if it where not available

Cheers

I will get back to you ASAP

Paul