Re: [MiNT] XaAES: testdriver wanted

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 2:38 AM,  <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:

>>> ?
>>as in "form tabs", a page each place in the same area
>
> I was wondering if there were any plans to put tabbed functionality
> into XaAES. I presume that is were it would go. To allow tabbed
> windows like in Firefox. Might be useful for Highwire later.

I have also had this though

>>> Maybe later
>>>
>>it would be cleaner
>
> I am guessing what this is, a tree like structure. Could I suggest
> doing them with triangles like in Jinnee and Arcview ? That would
> be more consistent.

most of the "bits" can be set via resource files, it would be easy to
add some more, that would keep changes out of the binary

> Is this another function that could be added to XaAES ?

Yes, I believe there are a lot of things like those you have mentioned
that could/should be in a "full" version of XaAES. In my research I
have found out why there is no "window is maxed" fuller icon in XaAES,
thats because Iconify Widget now uses the SMALLER widget def's. This
should either be "rectified" or another widget for maxed windows
added.

I have done this in my current 1.16 dev of XaAES, called FULL, and I
also added PIN which allows a widget for the "rollup" right click on
the title bar. I have also added #IF of widget layout structs, but
have not got them coming from include files yet, but I have scripting
for STYLE, that covers about 8 basic layout styles, including
STYLE_NONE for no window widgets, or title text, or scrolbar button

I am working on a BeOS style title bar, and have already added
WTXT_LEFT and WTXT_RIGHT to the title text renderer, which I will also
allow "custom textures" behind the font (instead of the generic one
for the whole title area.

While doing all this, I am trying to piece together how to add new
"form widgets" if that is the correct term, for example row headers
and footers in the process list colomns, that can be clicked to
minimize there width, or resized. I would like to be able to provide
custom skins for tabs, so this will be the first real test of
transparencey to allow chamfered egdes. I may resort to hacks for
this, using custom icons in the XA_XTOBJ resource

I have successfully built the KM, and use it on EasyMiNT with 1.16. It
has been relatively easy, but very time consuming to be so thourough,
as often I am missing a pre-declare somewhere, thankfully I can read
GCC error messages :)

> OT: what is the status of GCC4, are there any plans to create an RPM ?

Yes, I would like to know too, it would be nice. I think I have a
3.3.6 in rpm somewhere ..

> Peter

BTW, are you having ISP troubles ATM?

cheers