Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

Am 28.11.2009, 22:36 Uhr, schrieb Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com>:

Logically it doesnt make sense why f #IFNDEF is not working correctly
(unless it is a bug?), but I would just rework tho ST_ONLY to be
NOT_ST, and use plain #IF in place of #IFNDEF

I think you mean the code that is deactivated, not the #ifndef itself of the preprocessor?

sorry, hope you saw that problem before you did too much..

It takes just a few minutes. But I need to know the pixel-format on aranym for another reason, so that is a good area to learn.

XaAES does this:

In detect_pixel_format a colored line is drawn (red 1000, green 1000, blue 0). Then the pixel at x=0 of that line is read with vro_cpyfm and the word/long at that place is examined to get to know the pixel-format.

In 16 bit-depth the value on cygwin-aranym is EF40 which is in bits:

1110 1111  0100 000

So, if the above is correct: what are the bits for red/green/blue?

If I use (1000,0,1000) I get:

E81D, which gives

1110 1000  0001 1101

and with (0,1000,1000)

075D, which gives

000 0111  0101 1101

All this says to me is that red must have more bits than green and blue.

Maybe the fvdi-source can tell, did not look yet.

-Helmut