Re: [MiNT] Binutils 2.20 and GCC 4.4.2 native

Patrice Mandin wrote:
I just finished compiling binutils and gcc as cross tools.

Nice !
The cross-tools seem to be quite portable, we heard a lot of success-stories
recently :-)

I have slightly modified again the patch, to have the m68020 multilib
target (020 without fpu). I removed mshort from it as it's useless for my
usage.

Yes, I didn't integrate your changes into my patch last time because things was not clear about which multilib set we really require. This is the occasion to decide what we will include by default to be useful for everyone.

I just tried compiling SDL for Coldfire with it. Damn, I put so much m68k
inlined code there, that is not supported by Coldfire CPUs :).

Ah, yes, compiling C/C++ programs for ColdFire is fully transparent, but assembler code require partial rewrite. Fortunately, it is usually quite easy to do so. SDL will be very important for the new ColdFire computers, because thanks to the speed of the CPU, there will be room for amazing new games and ports ! Atari-Quake and friends will be lightspeed :-)

--
Vincent Rivière