[MiNT] Cross-compiler poll

Hello.

As you know, I'm interested in keeping up to date the MiNT patches for the GNU build toolchain (binutils, GCC...). The idea is to be able to use the latest compiler features for our favorite target.

Building software for MiNT is just a hobby for me, because I don't really use MiNT or Atari machines myself, I use only emulators for testing purposes.

I love cross-compilers because they allow to build programs for any machine (including Atari/MiNT) from the computer you use daily (PC, Macintosh...), with all your favorite tools.

My task is to produce clean patches for the toolchain. However "normal" developers need the binaries of the cross-compiler for their favorite OS. Rebuilding the whole toolchain is a long and quite complicated task for people not accustomed to this process. So in order to be useful, a cross-compiler must be provided in a ready to use, binary form, for each useful OS.

I provide Cygwin binaries because they are the ones I need myself.

So my question is:

What is the machine/OS you use daily, on which you would *really* build programs for MiNT using the GCC cross-compiler if easy-to-use binaries would be available ?

If you don't plan to use the cross-complier regularly, please don't reply. Replies like "it would be cool to make cross compiler binaries for any OS in the world" would be ignored.

Serious answers could be "Mac OS 10.x", "Ubuntu x.xx 64 bit", etc).

--
Vincent Rivière