Re: [MiNT] XaAES:update:CONFIGVARS

Helmut Karlowski a écrit :
And I will give an another advice. When posting a patch to the list, it is best to use the MIME type "text/plain" for the attached file (for

Are you sure that no lines get broken by some clever mail-program or on transmission? Thats why I prefered base64.

No fear.
Lines are sometimes split in main email bodies, but it is never the case for attachments.

However, the line endings for text attachments may be changed automatically to match the standard OS format. For example, on my Windows Thunderbird I always receive the patches with Windows line endings, even though they have been sent in UNIX format (then I convert them to UNIX if I want to use them). That's why, in the extremely rare case when line endings matters (like our patches for cleaning up line endings en SpareMiNT repository) we must send patches as binary.

--
Vincent Rivière