Re: [MiNT] an urgent GEM question :-)

> Wow! I have just got an information that N.AES uses the following two
> functions in appl_tplay's mouse positioning: vsin_mode and vrq_locator.

I'd say it's more likely to actually use vsm_locator() (vrq_locator()
doesn't return until you press a key or mouse button), but that's a
matter of what values were passed to vsin_mode(), since that is the
only difference between vrq_locator() and vsm_locator() (they have the
same function number...).

Still, these functions actually should be able to do what you want. I
never noticed it before (and, no, I have not implemented them in fVDI
yet), but they don't only return the mouse position, they also take an
initial mouse position as input parameter...

It is clear that vsm_locator(hnd, x, y, &dummy, &dummy, &dummy) is
indeed supposed to put the mouse cursor (visible or not according to
its current state) at x,y and return immediately.

Anyway, these functions should work under fVDI (as long as you don't
use your own mouse handler), since I actually pass them through to the
underlying VDI (fVDI does not yet have any mouse driver of its own).

> The comments under these functions' descriptions in
> Compendium are most interesting ("don't use or you confuse AES" :)

;-)

/Johan