Re: [MiNT] an urgent GEM question :-)

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:49:07 +0100
Petr Stehlik <pstehlik@sophics.cz> wrote:

> could someone please help me with this off-topic question: I'd need to
> position the mouse pointer/cursor at defined coordinates on screen. I
> have tried using v_dspcur(x, y) but it didn't work. Even my PureC help
> file mentions that the function actually never worked. I was curious
> why so I wrote the same program in GFA Basic (in case there was a bug
> in PureC's GEMLIB) but the mouse cursor still not moved.
>
> I then resorted to a hack and implemented it using appl_tplay() which
> positions the mouse pointer correctly but I am wondering what's wrong
> with the v_dspcur() - is it really wrong in all VDI versions? Or am I
> just calling it incorrectly?

I remember having the same problem ca. 10 years ago. AFAIR there are
only two reliable ways of setting the mouse pointer:
 1) Use appl_tplay(), that's the clean solution
 2) Poke the address into the corresponding Line-A variables, that's
    the ugly solution.
Maybe there is also a solution using the VDI, but I also did not manage
to do this at that time. You might want to have a look at the source
code of appl_tplay() though to see how the AES are doing this
internally.

 Merry X-Mas,
  Thomas