[MiNT] PCI bios, calling conventions (XPCI?)

Hi people,

I've been using the PCI bios for some project. The default API for
this is through some function pointer retrieved from the _PCI-cookie.
Some dude has made some XBIOS-extension to handle this as well, but it
seems this is not the default way of doing things.

Frankly I dislike the idea of accessing system functions through the
Cookie-Jar. It doesn't seem like a modern approach at all.
Should I contine using this method, or should I use the XBIOS-approach instead?

Well, a clean application shouldn't even access the PCI bus at all...
but anyway. Which way is considered to be "the right way"?

-- Peter