Re: [MiNT] Newest GCC + Binutils compile status

MiKRO wrote:
> know what was the problem -- missing m68060 math lib! So I patched
> Vincent's makefiles for PML to produce 060 math lib and voila, quake
> worked!

Great job !
Note to the readers: the good advice was to add the following options to LDFLAGS: "-Wl,-t". With that, ld displays the full name of the input files. Very good to see exactly what is linked !

> Sparemint/Easymint uses fdlibm, Vincent PML.

When I first worked on GCC, I looked on the Sparemint site and I found only PML. I had to patch it for making it compilable with the new GCC. But PML is very old, and missing some functions. Furthermore, when something is wrong, it may display things on the screen with printf (!). fdlibm seems to be better. Olivier Landemarre has used a NetBSD libm, too. The libm provided by the Newlib is up to date, it compiles without problem but it may require some changes in order to be compatible with the MiNTLib headers. Maybe the 2 last libm are some variants of fdlibm... When I worked on PML, I was quite desperate to get something working, so I changed only the absolute necessary things. It is clear that we will have to work in order to find a reliable and up-to-date libm companion for the MiNTLib.

> When I
will be bored, I might try to use VDI services to set this screen and use FVDI for rendering.. this could be quite killing ;-)

Or better - OpenGL !

--
Vincent Rivière