Re: [MiNT] Font selector Library and redraw messages

on 1/21/08 6:29 PM, J. F. Lemaire wrote:

> Hello MiNTers,
>
> I'm calling the Wdialog font selector from an application I'm working on
> and it works fine except for one thing: as long as the selector is
> opened my app doesn't receive redraw messages anymore, so moving the
> selector results in the screen being messed up.
>
> I suppose this comes from the fact that I'm calling EVNT_multi() in a
> loop inside the function which opens the selector, but if I don't do
> that, the selector is not drawn at all.
>
> So, what's the proper way to implement a non-modal call to the font
> selector in XaAES? For example, without the call to EVNT_multi() as
> described above, the window handle created by fonts_open() does not
> seem to be taken into account by my own evnt_multi() loop. I really
> don't get that Wdialog stuff. It seems overly complicated to me.
>
> Anyway, hope I made some sense.

Hi,

My advice would be to use a different font protocol, like the one Thing
Desktop supports. I have used that protocol in 2 apps and it works quite
nicely, you can even drag and drop fonts.  See the Thing docs for details.

The wdialog calls in XaAES are for backward compatibility and I think Ozk
would agree, please don't write new apps and use these old wdialog calls.
;o)

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/