Re: [MiNT] Wireless Network

Quoting Maurits van de Kamp <maurits@bassment.nu>:

I was hoping that I might, one day, avoid having to run wires  around the
house.

I'm using this for my Ataris and other non-wireless-equipped machines:

http://www.devolo.com/

In fact Devolo is not the only brand doing this, ethernet over powerline is a standard used by several brands.

Maurits.

Well the good news is that the previous owner of my house says that
the adsl service is good for 8Mb/s but I now have to wait a week to
be connected.

I had forgotten about these devices that network over the mains wiring,
this may be a better solution than wireless for what I need. There seems
to be quite a bit of choice too with some speeds as high as 200Mb/s, not
that I need it.

Do the devices need software configuration ? I have an ancient laptop
that should do the job.

Peter