[MiNT] IRda

I was trying to find out anything about IRda the infra-red serial
protocol.

There are serial adpaters but from what I've read it needs additional
software to allow comms with an IRda device like a PDA.

I started to Google for info on BSD IRda and found birda which
might do the job but I had no luck finding the sourcecode. It has
probably been intergrated into the kernels. It looks like Linux
has IRda stuf in the kernel.

It's an old protocol now but it has used and seems to be finding
favour in diving electronics. It's cheap, low power (battery
devices) and does not require external connectors.

Regards,

Peter