Re: [MiNT] MiNT Coldfire

Alan Hourihane wrote:

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 04:15 -0400, Mark Duckworth wrote:
I would like to ask you guys which PCI video card and PCI USB 2.0 card
would be easiest to develop for, as I plan to buy these cards as well as
an active PCI riser card (the EVB has just one PCI slot).  I'm curious
how much the etherNAT USB driver is a proper ohci/uhci/ehci layer such
that the code might be reusable for this.  I will get this all working
under Linux and then begin attempting MiNT support.  This will be my
first foray into driver development, but I develop more confidence in
myself daily and it's all looking easier and easier the more I look at
kernel source code.

I suspect opting for an ATI Radeon 9200/9250 PCI card will keep the
costs down and produce good results. The open source drivers are well
documented and supported.

All people receiving this card should probably use the same video card, for more efficiency, and it is possible that fVDI already can manage this ATI card. I think it's a good choice.

Alan.

Olivier