[MiNT] SV: wind_set(WF_TOPMOST)

At first I thought this was an excellent idea, but the more I think about it the less I like it. First of all I think it breaks the window metaphor. Secondly I'm quite sure that this feature will be abused, most new apps will probably have some very important feature that absolutely requires the use of TOPMOST-windows ;-)

My opinion is that while this can be a useful feature, it should be reserved for the AES alone. Only very important information like the menu bar, tear-away menus and the task manager should use this.

Taskbars has been frequently mentioned as an example of an applications that will benefit from this feature. I disagree - it will be more annoying than useful. If a taskbar should be constantly displayed it requires a lot more than "always on top", it should reserve an area of the screen that other windows can't use, like the menu bar does. I'd like to see this implemented, but then the taskbar should be an AES module of some kind and not an application.

Jo Even