Re: [MiNT] wind_set(WF_TOPMOST) extension

Quoting Odd Skancke <ozk@atari.org>:

> søn, 30,.04.2006 kl. 23.04 +0200, skrev olivier.landemarre@utbm.fr:
> > Quoting Odd Skancke <ozk@atari.org>:

> think
> some

> > >  I can send you a binary, ofcourse. If you already have an XaAES
> > > installation, what do you have installed?
> >
> > yes on Aranym, I suppose I can replace an old one with a new one.
>
>  How old installation do you have? Just so that I know what I have to
> send.

29 january 2006 0.997 Alpha

> > >  Oh..
> >
> > Now it's fix!
> >
> > I can send you if you wan't you can launch myaes from xaaes, should work
> (not
> > test for a long time)
>
>  Yes, I can try :)

So I send you in private patch for 0.81 version

> > > implemented
> > >
> > >  Hmm... isnt it dangerous to use it internally while it is accessible
> > > 'from the outside'? Isnt it harder to maintain this?
> > No in fact I use it for internal window, like for popup or menu, this is
> not
> > client  windows, client don't know it manage this windows.
>
>  Ok.

> > > design

> on
> > > wich
> > >
> > >  This attachment, is it related to the open/closed status of the parent
> > > window? I mean, the window(s) attached this way will be slaves of the
> > > parent window when closing/opening(), right? Incase this is to be
> > > extended later, perhaps it would be a good idea to indicate what kind of
> > > attachment one wants by selecting this;
> > >
> > > wind_set(handle, WF_WIND_ATTACH, phandle,type,0,0)
> > >
> > >  where handle is the handle of the window to attach to phandle, and type
> > > is bitmask indicating attach-links, For example OPEN(1), FOCUS(2), etc.
> > > Just an idea.
> > >
> > In fact like it is done, it's phandle attach to windows handle, this is
> more
> > logical ;-).
>
>  Ah, okie. Altho I dont agree it is more logical, since it looks more
> logical to;
>
> wind_set(take_this_window, ATTACH_IT_TO, this_window, mode,0,0);
>
>  which is more in the spirit of the rest of wind_set(take_this_window,
> AND_DO_THIS,...) style. But this is perhaps just me...

strange for me because alway's wind_set() is apply to a specific window. I not
see this like this when I write this, because I would attach a window to a
specific window, I think it was to this specific window to apply the wind_set().
 really I don't know what is more logical!

> > For other I not understand what you would like to do with type, I suppose
> we can
> > add some specification to said for example to have relative position to
> the
> > mother window, to sty above etc... Actually it's only an attachment, I
> don't
> > know if this feature is interesting or not.
>
>  Perhaps I have misunderstood. What exactly is the behaviour of a window
> attached to another? What relations are made via this attachment?

Here it was only an automatic close of child windows, if mother windows is
closed, child and sub childs are close in the same time. It not do anything
more.

Olivier