Re: [MiNT] wind_set(WF_TOPMOST) extension

Quoting Gerhard Stoll <Gerhard_Stoll@b.maus.de>:

> > extension to previous documentation
>
> Is there a public place where anybody can get what you have change/new in
> MyAES?

Actually not, in fact there is no new API in MyAeS that it is not in XAAES so
already documented (WF_FIRSTAREAXYWH and appl_getinfo for name AES are for a
long time already put in XAAES), there is nothing more (except two extension of
wind_set(230 and 231) not very important that I use internaly and should
probably document one day).
Other changes are only bugs and new user features I do patch all the days, list
is too long and ininteresting I think.

> > this to appl_getinfo(), because this is not enough generic
>
> Why?

All the time we add a feature we add a bit somewhere, it should be documented
and all aees should implement it. For only a new mode in wind_set() or
wind_get(), if we add 50 new mode (we can dream). This quite fastidious for a
programmer to look in all flags, I think we could add a generic mode test in
this functions to have an universal test, that not depend of any bit somewhere.
If we can imagine a wind_get() return 0 for an error, I can't imagine how test
wind_set() correctly, probably you prefer know what come before use the
function. I think easier, is to do this test with an id window like -2 (or an
other) never use to have this answer. Of course this test, we should add one
time more a flag in appl_getinfo() but it will be the last for any extension of
wind_set() wind_get().

> > I think we should add a call in wind_set() or wind_get(), to know if a
> > mode exist like
>
> This is not necessary, see my news form 12 Jan 2005.
I have look about this, I'm not sure it work alway's, and how do you do with
wind_set()? I will think about your test.

> Gerhard
Regards
Olivier