Re: [MiNT] dev.sparement.org work (was: RE: Sparemint Site Work)

STan,

First of all, the dependency tracking is going to be a real pain for
several reasons.  1 Our rpms don't have correct deps yet, and 2. it's a
pain in the butt to code and I don't feel like doing that ;)

The build farm itself is nothing but a simple shell script, and a lot of
it is done on the server with PHP.

There's a lot of issues that need worked out.  For instance user uploads
windom-2.0, then uploads packages that need windom 2.0 to build.  Does
the build farm server automatically install the dep of windom 2.0.  If
it installs this, how does it handle conflicts?

The approval system was designed to be quick and painless.  It'll be
finished soon and it's designed primarily as a tiny safeguard.
Otherwise a rogue user can really wreak havoc since the system is so
open to contribution.  IMHO the approval system is necessary, even if
it's causing further delays.

I understand the theme isn't important ;)

What do you mean about the continuous results without crashing.  Are you
upset about the fact that the build farm server is down?  It's because
I'm moving and it's unfortunate but it's going to be gone for about 2
more weeks, thereafter it will be back and several more build farm
servers will be operational again.

Thanks,
Mark