Re: [MiNT] Re[2]: XaAES

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:58:30 , Ingo Schmidt <ich@der-ingo.de> wrote:
> Hi MiNT-Liste!
>
> > All this leads me to think that the problem is somewhere
> > in the kernel or in the inet4.xdd but I'm no expert ;-)
>
> I dont know, I would be very surprised by that. I mean, for almost
> everyone else it works.
>
> What hardware and software do you have again? I dont have dialup, I
> have a Milan060 with RTL driver made by Odd, works absolutely fine
> here.

I'm using a Milan060 also.

> Does this also happen, when you really only boot this:
>
> - (graphic card driver)
> - NVDI
> - FreeMiNT

I haven't tried a "bare" system but I will try that next.

> And then boot into XaAES. Make sure, there are no auto starts in
> either mint.cnf and xaaes.cnf.
>
> Really, I should think it has to work. When you test different
> binaries of the freemint  release, do you also exchange the *.xdd? At
> least inet4.xdd?

The 1.15.12 version is in c:\MINT and the 1.16 version is in
c:\MINT\1.16.CUR

There is also:

C:\MINT\
  1-16-1\
  1-16-2\
  1-16-3\
  1-16-CUR\

>From what I've read, the 1.16 always boots from the cur folder
or have I misunderstood ?

1.15.12 doesn't use inet so that should be ok.

Regards,

Peter