Re: [MiNT] strange memory violation

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 21:59 +0200, Peter Slegg wrote:
> Personally, I don't think there were enough developers to support
> all these api's 8 or even 10 years ago. It has been a problem for
> along time.

Yes, and it became a cascading failure.

> I am not anti-Magic, I used it for a few years on the ST nor am I
> anti-TOS, but there are many older apps that work fine on these
> systems. I suppose I'm preaching to the converted but does every
> app have to work on every api ?

That's a very good point, but the general consensus is that there are so
few users left that you need to support as many APIs as possible.  The
other side of the coin is that there are so few users left, who cares if
anyone else can use it as long as it works on your own machine.

With MiNT being Unix based, most of the people with a good grasp of how
to program in such an environment have long moved on.  I will say that
if any of the stuff I'm currently working on will port (and it should)
that it will be MiNT-only with no chance of it working on TOS at all and
not much hope for MagiC.

-- Evan