Re: [MiNT] some gem question

On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 16:28 +0200, Miro Kropacek wrote:

> This isn't my goal, to make aes-ignoring application but imagine you
> want to do completely skinable dialog... so you will have nice sliders,
> windows and... stupid system slider where you can change max. the
> background colour (IIRC). What to do then?

Contrary to whats popular on Windows, having skinable applications is
NOT good interface design.  Users expect consistency of LOOK and feel
for their desktop.

If you want to skin/theme your apps, then the AES is the only one
qualified to do so since all applications will need to look the same.

-- Evan