Re: [MiNT] some gem question

Selon Miro Kropacek <mikro@hysteria.sk>:

> >tree[ROOT].ob_height += 20;     /* dialog box */
> >g_winDialogs[WD_PLUGIN]->work.g_h += 20;        /* window height */
> >
> >wind_calc_grect (WC_BORDER, g_winDialogs[WD_PLUGIN]->win_kind,
> >&g_winDialogs[WD_PLUGIN]->work, &temp );
> >wind_set_grect( g_winDialogs[WD_PLUGIN]->win_handle, WF_CURRXYWH, &temp );
> >

> ok, so this code is bad :) It still behaves strange (bug in redraws
> etc). Could someone show me how to do simple operation like this:
>
> create window
> decrease window height, let's say -160
> open window
> close window
> increase window height by +160
> open window

Really I not understand what you wan't to do if it's to create your hown custom
window, with your own widget, the only way is to create a window with no KIND,
and redraw all as you wan't as EBModel do for example, in my point of view it's
not a good way, because it's slower than standard one, and have not the same
look as other. If you wan't replace only one widget for example sizer this
impossible because you can't have message. If you wan't change on top or left
part, it's possible but you are not sure it will work in all AES because it's
possible that some widget are not alway's in the same part (perhaps one day an
AES will wan't to put MOVER on left why not?!)

Your example have no sense because when windows is create, AES don't know the
windows size, you put it only when a wind_open is done.

> ?? I'm probably blind but I can't get it working. What combination of
> wind set/get (if any) I should call? Simple increasing work area and
> calling wind_set (WF_WORKXYWH) doesn't help, too.
>
> btw Standa: yes, that's nice Ozk is working on it but that could be a
> week, month, year when he finishes it... I want to use some skins now..
> so doing it by myself seems to be the only solution..

Do one for MyAeS ;-) this is possible for far, it's even possible to add new
widgets whithout the AES know it.

Olivier