Re: [MiNT] max partition size in FreeMint 1.15.x?

Hello!

So my question is: Does anyone know what the maximum partition size with
fat32 or ext2 is (FreeMiNT 1.15.x)?

The theoretical limit is around 16TB for FAT32 and ext2. Take a look into the limits.txt in the FreeMiNT documentation.

I already found out that although 2TB would be possible with f32 only
partitions up to 32GB are supported in Windows2000/XP otherwise you have
to use NTFS but is it the same with MiNT?

That's not really true. Under Win2000/XP you can't create a FAT32 partition greater than 32GB with the Win2000/XP gui tools. This is just a limitation in the gui creation tool. If you have such a partition or create it with a third-party tool it just work.

But it's a good limitation. As bigger a FAT32 partition is, as slower it is (and it's not linear slower, it's much more worse).

Btw. ext2 don't have such a performance problem.

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060