Re: [MiNT] Bitmap View

on Mon 19-09-2005 19:45 Peter Slegg wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was having a problem converting some images to TIFF lzw-huffmann
>compressed format with Imagecopy. It keeps reporting errors or
>saying the disc is full.

Imagecopy is a very useful utility but alas it seems it holds lots of
bugs or shortcomings. On my Hades Imagecopy (ic4plus) aborts with
"Assertion failed: malloc.c, line 228" error when I want to set
transparancy in a gif. This happens under N_AES and XaAES. The only
different is that in XaAES ic4plus takes down the system whereas in
N_AES I can quite ic4plus when I press a buttom.

Also it doesn't like long file names, it doesn't like ext2fs very much,
etc. ...

For displaying images I use most of the time zview or Looknsee

>As an experiment I tried Bitmap View again. I was never able to
>get it working properly in the past but I managed to install it
>by reverting to TOS.
>
>BV4 runs under TOS but crashes under Mint 1.15.12 and 1.16
>giving a Text... BSS...Data error (are the numbers useful ?)

I remember I have given BV a long time a try without succes.

Why don't you give Nview/Nconvert a try? Nconvert can convert an awfull
lot of graphic format.

You can find nview on the Belgian ftp-server:
<URL:ftp://chapelie.rma.ac.be/atari/graph-tools/>

Look for vw68000.zip or vw68020.zip

TTFN
Martin

http://www.againsttcpa.com  | In 2002 began the war for digital freedom
--

             ************Grüße vom Okami Newsreader************
             **     On the seventh day He created Atari      **