Re: [MiNT] some gem question

Why doesn't anyone propose an "object oriented" approach? I learned this approach with the introduction of WDIALOG. But as many people in the community hate anything related to it... (Probably only because the wdialog routines don't belong into system space but into a user space library.)

Here how it works:
One "main event loop" dispatches the handling of events to the appropriate "object handler": menu bar handler, window handler (which can be different for each window), dialog handler, fileselector handler, font-dialog handler, ... Depending on the type of the event different "handler" get the chance to process the event. I used this approach in all of my GEM applications (MagiC- Configurator, ArcView, HypView). Sadly I didn't yet finish the transition to "non WDIALOG AES". As much as I saw in other public sources (GTK, GLUT, ...) it's rather common to have one main event loop which coordinates the system.

IMO this is a better approach than introducing a thread for each dialog.
BTW I thought it is still not possible on MiNT systems to create AES threads (because MiNT does the process/thread handling on GEMDOS level and therefore incompatible to the AES threads MagiC provides). Or am I wrong?

Philipp