[MiNT] [Mint-cvs] [FreeMiNT CVS] lib/gemlib

Hi,

>>> gets the facts and list the real benefit of WCOWORK... it's really
>>> ridiculous).
>>
>> The only reason to use the word ridicilous in this context would be if
>> one wants to come off
>> as very rude. It translates into a direct insult to anyone who would
>> actually fancy the suggested changes.
>
>Wow... i said that ?

In this context I do consider it to sound very rude, yes.
But if that is not what you meant, then let's move on with things now :)

>I'm sorry. This is not at all the meaning of the post. By "ridiculous", i
>meant "small". This applies to the level of benefit of the new feature.

Ok, that is another thing then. But for some, the mode is clearly of great benefit,
let us not forget that! Odd mentioned that Qed and Toswin binaries was reduced in
both terms of complexity and file size when compiled to exlusively
(which is an OPTION at compile time!) use this new feature.

The fact that the new mode clearly is of use to some, and is 100% optional and therefore
not breaking compatibility (If I get this all correctly) makes me curious what is so wrong
with looking into adding it?

As I mention in another post today (WCOWORK operating mode), this however should not
affect compatibility, as both AES and binaries in FreeMiNT CVS will stay fully at the compatibility
level that we have today. The binaries are not made to ONLY support WCOWORK until you compile
them for it - the old support is still there! The bottom line I wish to stress here is however, that the
benefit is there for sure. Maybe it isn't a useful/important feature to everyone, but how many features
and extentions will actually be something that everyone wants?

AFAIK, the new mode is however 100% optional, so I don't see any problems on the horizon to be honest.

Regards,

/Joakim