Re: [MiNT] WCOWORK operating mode

ons, 13,.07.2005 kl. 22.19 +0200, skrev Arnaud BERCEGEAY:
> Hello,
>
> >  I'm beginning to see why Arnaud panic when there is talk about WCOWORK.
> > They want to completely lock themselves up by adding AES awareness to
> > every lib with functions like showing an image, display a text-editor
> > box. etc., etc. While such libs on all other platforms are there to
> > generate output into an arbitrary bitmap, these dudes what to make them
> > indipendantly AES aware. This is, excuse my french, totally idiotical.
>
> "totalement idiot" is the right sentence ;)

 Dont know if that is sarcastic or not, but I'll smile too ;-)

> > No way I'm gonna take such designs into account.
>
> It's your choice... BTW, i now see that your haven't understood my point.

 No, apparently I havent. What is the point?

> >  I now know the reason. Arnaud told us the reason in another posting.
> > The reason is that because of braindead design of libs, those libs will
> > never work on anything beyond n.aes or MagiC. I'm gonna get flamed from
> > here to eternity and back for calling the design idiotic and braindead.
> > But that is the truth, if my understanding of it is what goes.
>
> Now i'm sure you haven't read my message... or decided to not agree with
> me before reading my post... i don't know.

 well then I need you to explain carefully exactly what you mean.

> >  Correct. But the benefits will soon show, hopefully.
>
> great. Why don't you want to discuss about it ? Because it's a public
> mailing list ? So why didn't you answer to me when i asked by private mail
> ? Because you don't care about ongoing evolutions you don't control ?

 I'm sorry, but I cannot see a private mail from you in my box. I'm not
saying that you didnt post, just that I didnt see it. As soon as the
topic has [MiNT] in it, I assume its from the list. If that was not the
case, I have not received it. Please resend?

 I care about all evolutions. But we need to be careful not to create
more problems with MP, VM and other things we dont have yet. If we
continue to develop bad designs, we'll never see those things either.

 Odd Skancke